Professor Shukla sits on several boards and advisory councils and is regularly invited as a speaker for academic and corporate events worldwide. He is the founder and convener for the GCU London research seminar series on ‘Culture, consumption and society’. He has been involved with several international academic organizations as well as corporations in advisory capacity. He has been invited to chair many symposia and conferences around the world. Some of the selected activities are listed below.
- University Board of Advisory – Kean University, USA (2013 – current).
Kean University is more than 150 years old coeducational, public research university located in Union and Hillside, New Jersey, United States. It was named a noteworthy College of the Year in 2001 by Time and in 2008 was designated one of the five best diverse colleges in the nation by Diversity Inc.
- Advisory council member – International Management Research Academy (IMRA), London, UK (2011 – till date).
IMRA is a global academy dedicated to the continuous and effective development of management theory and practice. With more than 500 active members its mission is to be a collaborative catalyst between academics and practitioners in fostering relationships via creation, assistance and dissemination of cutting-edge management thinking.
- Conference co-chair – 2013 IMRA International Conference, Zagreb, Croatia organized by the International Management Research Academy, London – UK and Rochester Institute of Technology/American College of Technology (RIT/ACMT), US.
- Conference co-chair – 2012 Emerging Markets Conference organized by the International Management Research Academy
- Track chair – Marketing in Emerging and Transition Economies for the EMAC. 2009 – current.
- Track co-chair – Marketing in Emerging and Transition Economies for the EMAC 2008.
- Track chair – Marketing in Emerging Markets for the 9th Bi-Annual conference of The European Association for Comparative Economic Studies (EACES) being held at University of Brighton, UK in Sep 2006.
- Status Consumption: A Journey through Time and Cultures – Hull University, UK (2013).
- Comparing French, German and Italian Marketing Practices – ESMT, Germany (2012 – with Keith Perks).
- Status Consumption: A Journey through Time and Cultures – Misr International University, Egypt (2011).
- Advances in Customer Equity Management – Misr International University, Egypt (2010).
- Marketing in emerging markets – University of Essex, UK (2009).
- Marketing to Indian consumers: emerging perspectives – University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA (2009).
- Customer expectations management – Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani, India (2007).
- Guest editor – special issue on Emerging Trends for Marketing in Asia for the Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics (Forthcoming) – with Kim Fam and Ernest Cyril de Run.
- Guest editor – Special issue on Technology, culture and innovation in Emerging Markets for the AI & Society (Forthcoming) – with Jatin Pancholi.
- Guest editor – Special issue on n Management Trends in Emerging Markets for the Asian Journal of Business Research – with Jatin Pancholi.
- Perks, Keith and Paurav Shukla (2008), Marketing Landscapes: A pause for thought – EMAC 2008 Conference Proceedings, EMAC. ISBN: 978-1-905593-42-2.
- Guest Editor – special issue on Emerging Paradigms in the Indian Marketplace for the Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics (vol. 18, no. 4, 2006).
- Editor – ‘Working Paper’ and ‘Occasional Paper’ series at Brighton Business School
- Founding Editor – AIMSiNEWS – A quarterly newsletter of Association of Indian Management Scholars, USA